Feb 12, 2011

Out for exercise

 I decided to go out for a long walk, just to get some exercise, but I took my camera with me. This first picture shows the Chinese restaurant Kabo. I have shown some long distance pictures of this that were taken when I was going to the bus stop to go to school. The owner and his wife live quite close to our apartment and we occasionally meet them when shopping. They are quite nice and we like to eat lunch at the restaurant. The food is very good.
 This is just a couple of buildings further down the street. If you look carefully, you can see that it is empty. Another business has closed, leaving the building free. There are so many empty buildings in Sendai that you would think the rent would be down to almost nothing, but apparently that is not the case. Rent has dropped but not as much as you might think. Probably the reason is that there are few businesses looking for space, so no matter how low the rent became, no one would take the lease.
Again, a couple of buildings further on we find our neighborhood Macdonald's. We occasionally stop in the morning for pancakes and maybe once a year for lunch.

No comments: