Aug 14, 2011

More from the neighborhood around Tohoku Gakuin U

 When I first looked at the brown building in the middle, I thought that it had lost a lot of the facing tiles during the earthquakes. Then I realized that it was made that way. The light area is a map of Tohoku.
 This convenience store was surprising. It is a Family Mart, one of the chains, but it has solar panels on the roof and there are enough of them that they probably supply nearly all of the electricity for the store.
 I walked by the back of some sort school and saw this statue in a stand of trees. The boy is reading a book as he carries a load of wood on his back. I think that this illustrates some famous story but I do not know what.
 This building was extremely strange looking. I do not know what the walls are made from but they look like they are rusty.
 I walk around the corner and discovered the parking lot for the school. This statue was just inside the gate.
I noticed more solar panels on the top of a large building. There seems to be more of them in this area than in any other part of the city. I wonder if some professor at Tohoku Gakuin U is encouraging this as part of a research project. Of course, it may just be a coincidence.

No comments: