Aug 12, 2011

Pictures from around my schools

 This is the wall that is replacing the old pedestrian bridge on the way to Yaotome. They built the wall and filled in the space behind it with dirt and stones.
 This is the statue of Kannon that is on the highest point in the area. I think the building next to it, a hotel, is about 10 stories high.
 This was taken from the bus between Miyagi Gakuin U and Asahigaoka. It is a pedestrian overpass but it has been completely covered and blocked off. I wonder whether they are going to repair it, replace it, or remove it.
 This is what was a building down the street from Tohoku Gakuin U. I do not remember how damaged it was but it is gone now.
 This is the supermarket across the street from Tohoku Gakuin U. It is where I buy my supper on Thursday nights. I eat in the teachers' lounge.
This is also across the street from Tohoku Gakuin U, but across a different street. Much of the facing on the second floor fell off and was replaced by sheets of plywood. The first floor is a ramen (noodle) shop that has remained open.

No comments: