Aug 27, 2011

A walk along Nanakita River - continued in Nanakita Park

I reached the far west end of Nanakita Park. The bridge has this nice bas-relief of a bird as decoration. I think the bird is supposed to be a pheasant.
As I was walking through the park, I was stopped by a young woman who ask me if I was Charlie. She had been a student at Miyagi U when I worked there more than seven years ago. We chatted and, then as she left, I realized I had not taken a picture. By the time I got my camera out she have move off so this is what I took.
Even in the middle of a public park, you will find blue tarps. This is covering a pile of debris that was apparently cleaned up after the quakes.
This artificial hill is in the middle of the park and usually has water flowing down the large staircase-like section of the left. The stairs on the right lead to a viewing platform on the top. This year, however, there is no water and the stairs are blocked off. The sign on the barrier says that the top is damaged and dangerous.
This little stream is usually full of running water, which is pretty to look at, sounds nice, and cools the area. This year they have turned off the water at least until they finish repairs.
I do not know the name of these flowers but walking under the trellis is very relaxing. On thing that I like about it is that the path is dirt, rather than the pavement that covers most of the other paths in the park.

No comments: