Aug 23, 2011

Still walking

 This is another example of an old wooden house next to a modern ferro-concrete structure.
 This is another apartment building that is under reconstruction. One of the most common types of earthquake damage was tiles falling off the outside wall or cracks in the walls. A number of people have told me that they can now see the outdoors through the new cracks in their walls.
 As I walked by, they were removing the last of the tents that had been erected for some sort of festival. I have gotten confused, because there have been so many different festivals and activities this year in order to cheer up the population, that I can not remember which was whick.
 This was the scene behind me when I took the last picture. There were tents in the open spaces on both sides of the road.
 Ah, this was the tanabata festival. The remaining decorations tell the story.
These plastic bags contain some of the hanging decorations that have been taken down and will now be stored until they are brought out for next year's festival.

No comments: