Aug 2, 2011

More on the festival and then around my neighborhood

 As I was heading for the subway station to return home, I passed a TV news crew. The festival turned out to be bigger news than they expected because of the huge numbers of people who attended.
 After I took this picture of the kimono-clad woman with the beer, the man behind her really glared at me. For some reason, he did not like me taking the picture.
 I went out for a walk along the river and found that, as usual in summer, the walkway beside the river is completely overgrown with weeds. I won't be able to walk on along this section of the river until cold weather arrives in the fall.
 It was very hot and as I passed the soccer stadium I noticed that they were using a large, high power fan to blow cooler air into the stadium to replaced the hot air trapped over the pitch. Actually I have to admit that the grounds crew here are better than the team.
 Near the stadium there is a public baseball field. A lot of company and neighborhood teams play here. There was a game going on but I did not stop to watch.
Just as I turned to leave, the players on a team (junior high school?) came jogging by.  I don't know if they were warming up for a game, working out after a game, or being punished for losing a game.

No comments: