Sep 2, 2011

Another walk around Nanakita River



 This time I started by following the road, rather than the levee. The two houses in the background are the two new houses that I have previously photographed from the levee. In the foreground is a vegetable garden.
 This earthquake damage has yet to be repaired. We are expecting the outer edge of a typhoon to pass through Sendai tonight or tomorrow. I hope it does not increase the destruction.
 Walking along the levee top on the other side of the river, I saw a row of onions relaxing in the sun as I passed the home of the man who farms in the space between the river and the levee. This space is there to prevent flooding by absorbing excess water in case of torrential rains.
This is a part of the garden that is between the houses and the levee, rather than next to the river.

No comments: