Sep 14, 2011

Nanakita Park

 On my way for a walk in Nanakita Park, I saw three of the neighborhood women out for a morning walk. They went up to the top of the levee but I stayed down by the riverside.
In one area the riverside walkway was covered with small pieces of trash. I finally realized that this was the remains of last night's fireworks.
 The slope down to the water is becoming overground. I think that by this time of year it is usually cut. Maybe they are holding off to save money this year, freeing up more funds for disaster relief.
 Inside the park there is a small network of artificial streams, but this year they have nothing but rain water in them.
 I was very surprised to find that the rotten boards on this bridge had been replaced. They have been pretty bad for a couple of years so it was very nice to see. I wonder if they were able to include the cost in the disaster repair budget.
A while back I showed this pool when it had hardly any water in it and most of the bottom was visible. Now it has a lot of water, not as much as during a normal year, but enough to cover the bottom completely. It was surprising how much more pleasant the are felt with the water, rather than the concrete bottom.

No comments: