Sep 17, 2011

Walking along the Sendai ByPass road

 Look at the roof, wall, and window of the right side of the the building, particularly the part in the center of the picture. The roof line should be straight and the window is gone completely. It appears that the building was completely wrecked.
 This is the front of the building, which used to be a restaurant, but now is an empty shell. That is actually not true. Everything is still inside the building. The bay window on the right has no glass in it, by the way.
 This is the north side of the building. Notice that, although the building has just be left as-is, the signs have all been painted over.
 This is the next building. It, too, was a restaurant but it is now windowless.
 The roof was completely trashed, but the has only partially been painted over. They probably did not want to buy more paint.
The next building survived and was still in business. It is a noodle restaurant that sell a kind of noodles that come from Shikoku, so the picture is an Ohenro-san, a pilgrim in traditional dress. When I did the pilgrimage, I wore much less fancy clothing, but I did wear a white jacket over my regular clothes. The staff that I carried was simple wood with some kanji written on it. I did wear a straw hat but I did not have a white cloth under it. In other words, I went low budget.

No comments: