Sep 4, 2011

Still walking along Nanakita River but in the other direction

This restaurant had a sign taped to the door, a sheet of while paper with a note typed on it. The content was a long apology because they owners were complying with the government request to cut down on energy usage and had removed many of the light bulbs and set the air conditioning so that many people would feel hot.
This is the outside of the restaurant. It is a chain called Bikkuri Donkey, The Surprised Donkey, and many of the buildings have this junkyard look. These restaurants seem to be popular, but I can not remember ever eating in one.
My condo complex is in the middle of the buildings on the horizon. I was standing on the Sendai ByPass bridge when I took this.
As I walked, I saw lots of evidence of the earthquakes.
My building is the structure in the center. In the foreground is a large used car lot. You can also the tower for the high tension electric cables that run nearby.
This area must have been shaken badly. The one family house in the foreground as well as the apartment building behind it are under repair.

No comments: