Jul 6, 2010

Oushuu33Kannon Temples 4-5 Part 26


As we walked back to tht station, we noticed a traditional storage house. These were built to hold the family's valuables and have thick walls, windows with thick shutters, and locks on all the openings. This was new so it had a roofed porch, but otherwise it looks very traditional.
Beside the larger building was a smaller one built in the same style. There were no signs so we were unable to determine what it was. It was definitely in use as can be seen by the cars in the parking lot in the rear.
Just before arriving at the Natori station we passed the Sapporo Beer Company's brewery. The low building in front of the one with the sign is a beer hall. I have been there once, but Ian goes there once a month with a group that he has belonged to for years. Since I went on the diet and lost all the weight, I have not been drinking beer or whiskey, and since I started to meditate daily, I have stopped drinking altogether.

I went through the station wickets first because I have a prepaid card that I can use on this train line. Ian did not have one, so he had to buy a ticket.We had to wait on the platform for a short while before getting a train for the 20 minute ride back to Sendai station.
The train was surprisingly empty. Ian and I had a four seat area all to our selves.
When we reached, Sendai station we went our separate ways. I think Ian met his wife to go to a movie and I went directly home.

This is the end of this part of our Pilgrimage. It is now the rainy season - rain almost every day and extremely high humidity all the time. It is not a good time for walking so we have decided to wait a while before continuing to the next temple. We have tentatively made plans for a four day three night trip in early October when the weather should fantastic.

This means that I have no more Pilgrimage pictures for the time being. However, I will continue posting pictures and comments about Sendai and the surrounding area. I have a lot of pictures that I have taken, so I will start posting those. Also I will start carrying my camera with me and take and post new pictures of the places I go and the things that I do.

Once the rainy season is over, I am going to start a 50 kilometer pilgrimage that is entirely within the city limits of Sendai - the Sendai 33 Kannon Pilgrimage. I am very seriously considering doing a set of drawings - one for each stop on the Pilgrimage. If I do this, I will start posting the pictures that I take during that Pilgrimage.

In any case I will post pictures of Sendai and things Japanese.

No comments: