Jul 29, 2010

Tuesday night soccer game 02


This is a display of Vegalta team goods. The sale of these things helps support the costs of running the team. I do not know how they do it but they almost always lose money during a season. Someone must be covering the red ink in some way, but I have no idea who or how. By the way, the young women on the end saw that I was taking a picture and she started waving the flag for me.This is the beer stand where I used to buy beer and wine during the games. I have completely stopped drinking since I started meditating a year and a half ago, so now I only buy soft drinks and tea from the owner. We used to give him so much business that at the end of one season, he gave each of us a bottle of pretty good wine.
This is just before the start of the game. The home team, Vegalta is on the left in their usual yellow uniforms. The team mascot is on the extreme left and is dressed in the same uniform. The row of kids in white in front of the team are local soccer players from children's teams.
This is typical of the game - the ball nowhere near the goal. Vegalta scored but later the opponents tied the game when a Vegalta player put the ball in the Vegalta goal while he was trying to clear it. The game ended in a 1 - 1 tie.

No comments: