Jul 28, 2010

Tuesday night soccer game


I am interrupting the series about my classes to show you the soccer game that I went to on Tuesday evening after I finished my last class for the semester at the Izumi Campus of Tohoku Gakuin U. The stadium is only about a 10 minute walk from my apartment, but I got there by taking a bus from school to the Izumi Chuo Subway station, which is only about 500 meters north of the stadium - my place is to the east. This first picture shows the entrance.Outside the stadium is a large statue of the team mascot. People use it as a meeting place so there is always a large number of people hanging around it.
Our seat were so-so. The were behind the goal but we had a fairly good view of the whole pitch and we were high enough that we could see most of the action at the other goal.
The fans hang signs all over the stadium. I particularly like this one, which they have been using for a few years.
The team has a squad of cheerleaders and one came over and performed right in front of our seats.

No comments: