Jul 11, 2010

Tohoku Gakuin University continued 2


The teachers' room is not particularly wonderful. There is a refrigerator, a machine that dispenses tea, hot water, and cold water, a cupboard with cheap instant coffee, cups - both paper and ceramic, silverware, and not much else. There is also a rack with the daily newspapers, including the Japan Times, which is an English language paper.Leaving the teachers' room and crossing the quad, I entered the building where I have my classes. The first two floors house the library, which you can see inside the window. The door is on the right. They are doing some repair work of some kind and there were piles of materials both inside and outside. The writing on the top of the pillar on the right says that this is building number 5.
I took the elevator up to the fourth floor to the preparation room for the language labs. As I exited the elevators, I faced a row of trash cans. In Sendai the trash must be separated and each type is collected on a different day. Some of it is actually being recycled but some is just being done to get people used to the process. As soon as the facilities are in place, they will actually start the recycling of the rest of the types.
This is the dark hallway on the fourth floor. Again there are no students because they are all in the classroom. I was on my way to the last door on the right, the entrance to the prep room for the language labs.

No comments: