Jul 9, 2010

Tohoku Gakuin University


Since we are still in the midst of the rainy season and every day is hot and extremely muggy and almost always at least one period of rain, walking is not very good. It is so hot that you sweat but it does not evaporate so within minutes you are soaking wet. Another few weeks and the weather will improve - summer will be here. It will still be hot, even hotter, but the rain and humidity will disappear, and walking will be pleasant again. So for the next few weeks, I have decided to post photos of the two schools that I work at. Then when the weather improves I will start posting pictures from my walks.

After saying all that about the weather, it is interesting that last Tuesday when I went to Tohoku Gakuin University, it was sunny - hot and muggy, but sunny. My daughter Kyoko has been visiting and she gave me a ride to school. Usually I take a bus, but because of the schedule I have to arrive about two hours before my classes. On Tuesday because I got a ride, I was able to go just in time to do my preparation. The picture shows where I get out of the car. It is quite pleasant and the campus is straight ahead. You can see one of the buildings through the trees. On the left, down a short hill, is a parking lot, and on the right, also down a short hill is a small pond that takes the drainage from aground the campus.
After walking straight ahead and arriving at the building you could see through the trees, the rest of the campus comes into view.

Between the two buildings there is a slight hill and some interesting architecture over the stairs leading to a large open area.
The open area, which would probably be called the quad in most US schools, is surrounded on three sides by buildings. The building that is straight ahead has a room on the left of the entrance that is for part time teachers. I must go there and sign in before going to my classroom.

No comments: