Aug 21, 2012

At Dairenji

 This is the sign that allowed me to finally figure out where I was. The temple's main building is in the background on the left. You can see just a bit of the roof. The building on the left is the home of the resident priest.
 These are the old steps that lead up to the priest's residence. This was the only part of the grounds that I liked. Even these stairs are probably seldom used as their is a paved driveway leading to the back of  the house.
 This was the only two statues that I found.
 This is the entrance to the main building. It looks rather traditional in this picture, but the building itself is a modern ferro-concrete structure. From the looks of the aging of the wood, this may well be the remains of an older building that was replaced by this one.
Here is the other statue. On the right you can see part of the main building. Except of the roof, which is the traditional curved shape, it is completely modern. I did not spend very much time on the grounds since there was little to see. My map showed that there was a shrine abutting the temple property so I decided to search for it. I went around to the back of the temple but could not see a shrine and could not find anyway out of the temple grounds.

No comments: