Aug 24, 2012

 On my walk home I saw many buildings that were under construction or re-construction. As I walked it got hotter and hotter. It was so hot that I put my camera in my pocket and did not think about taking any more pictures. Even though I had a map, I still was unable to find the subway stations and got completely lost twice. I kept going in a generally northern direction and eventually found a place that I recognized. It was almost as far to the subway as it was to home, so I just kept walking.
 As I crossed the last bridge and turned down the path along the levee, I saw these two kids in a rubber boat. Except for the fire department practicing river rescues, I had never seen a boat here before. I have on a number of occasions wished that I had a canoe or a kayak.
After leaving the kids to their fun, I went home and collapse, resting for the rest of the day.

No comments: