Aug 2, 2012

Brain Days - early morning walk - continued continued

 This is the hotel where we stayed. For my walk, I went out the back and then followed the gorge to the right and have now returned to the front of the hotel. It was still early so I decided to continue walking down the road to the left.
 On the other side of the road, I could see a little rice farming community. It is very likely that the people who live in these houses are all interrelated and own the rice paddies.
 This old building is, or probably was,  used by stone masons.
 As I walked by, I could see no signs of recent use. The front door was completely blocked with a pile of old stone slabs.
 Rice paddies are often lined by rows of trees, if the trees can be located in such a way that they do not block the sunlight.
After a kilometer or so, I found a bridge that crossed the river. This is the view back toward my hotel.

No comments: