Aug 15, 2012

Walking again

 As the riverside path nears the ByPass bridge, it becomes overgrown with grass, other plants, and spiders, so I turned away from the river and took the roads through a housing area where I found this rather surprising sight. A small lot of land, actually a house lot was divided in two. One half held a small garden, including the corn that you can see in the picture, and the other half was a storage area for smallish power tools.
 I finally reached the ByPass, Route 4. The ocean is about 13 kilometers away, on the other side of the hills.
I turned right on the ByPass and started walking away from home. The sign over the entrance of this empty lot says that it is a gift center. The building that you can see under the sign is at least 50 meters away and on another piece of property. It looks like a private home. The gift center building has obviously been torn down.
 This is one of the things I like about living in Japan. It is safe enough that this company is storing cases of beer outside in a little roofed over area. You can see them through the break in the hedge.
 I soon turned off the ByPass. It is noisy and smells bad. I walked a couple of kilometers south, still going away from  home. It was a house area with both apartment buildings and private homes. I finally found a large park and, since I had decided to visit a temple that is on the other side of the park, I decided to walk through it rather than around it. I followed some sort of access road that went steeply downhill.
At the bottom of the hill I found a large pond with a bunch of men fishing.

No comments: