Jan 30, 2012

At Urasa city

 As the train pulled into the station I got this view, if you can call it that, of the city of Urasa, Niigata Prefecture.
 My friend Tony, who works at the University, picked me up at the station. This is the view from the waiting area in front of the bus stop.
 I found this to be the most surprising thing here. The streets and sidewalks all have these little gadgets that spray of water, preventing the build up of snow.
It was just about 1 p.m. so Tony and I went to this restaurant where I bought him lunch. The initial orientation for the course I am teaching will start in just a few minutes, so this must be short. I will try to post more pictures tomorrow. By the way, my wife called and said that my camera has been repaired. She is going to go get it today and mail it to me, so I should be able to take better pictures in a day or two.

No comments: