Jan 16, 2012

Dou'unji

 I decided to walk over to Dou'unji and see what was happening there. The last time I visited the temple, a work crew was just finishing the removal of the main hall of the temple. I also decided to take the back roads on my way north. I was very surprised to find this store hidden away in a housing area. It sells fishing equipment. The pictures in the window are prints made from fish. The fish is painted with black ink and then a piece of paper is pressed against it to make an image.
 There are still blue tarps everywhere but a blue fence to hide the damaged house was something quite new.
 I reached the entrance to Dou'unji and found the stump of a big tree. It was very symbolic with the dead tree being covered with a new growth of vines. Perfect for the entrance to a Zen temple.
Even though it is winter, the garden was still very pretty. Some of the plants retained colorful leaves.

No comments: