Jan 5, 2012

Odds and ends of unrelated stuff

 A while back I should a building that I passed on my way home from Tohoku Gakuin U. A work crew appeared to be taking it down. Today I walked passed again and the building was completely gone. All that remained was an empty lot.
 The little bridge from my building to the entrance hall has been repaired, at least temporarily, but I suspect that it will stay this way for at least a few years. One of the men on the committee that is evaluating the damage did the work for about a tenth of the estimate that we got from a construction company. The bridge is a thick sheet of bent metal that is screwed to the concrete on either side. It was then covered with the same no-slip outdoor rug as the entrance hall. There is still a bump but it is no where near as big as before.
 This is at Asahigaoka. The roads come together is a t-shaped intersection, but in front of the stem is a two story drop into the park. I am amazed that, in the 10 plus years that I have been going here, not a single car has gone through the fence and dropped into the park. The bus depot was behind me when I took this.
 Inside the depot, I found that the board showing the bus departure schedule was broken. I have no idea whether or not the problem was associated with the shaking it received during the quakes. A lot of things seem to have developed problems, but a while after the shaking stopped.
 This sign shows locations where the buses depart. As with most public signs in Japan the sign has English, sometimes a bit strange, but readable. Recently newer signs frequently have Korean as well as English.
 This is at Miyagi Gakuin U. The men are getting the snow plow ready for use.
 The view from the teachers' lounge was interesting. The mountains were quite pretty.
On the way home I again saw the moon, but through the clouds.

No comments: