Jan 15, 2012

Still walking- more

 The damage to the levee on this, the southside, of the river is unrepaired and the blue tarps are starting to wear out. The cracks in the levee are much wider here than they are on my side of the river.
 The last time I walked by here, this was a row of two story houses. At least three have gone already and they were stripping the one on the left, obviously getting ready to tear it down.
 Crossing a bridge and getting on the other side of a small stream, I could look back at the place where I had just walked. The empty lots are at the left side of the middle. The house that is being stripped is just to the left of the tall house in the middle.
 This is the house that is being stripped. It was quite large. I wonder what will happen to the empty spaces they are creating. I would expect that they will become a large apartment house or parking lots.
 I have finally reach a point where I can get a clear view of my condo. My place is on the second floor of the right side of the right-hand building.
 Using a telephoto lens, I can get a shot of my balcony. Again it is on the second floor on the right. The strange looking things in the front are things for the kids to play on in a park
This is a drain that they constructed that allows water to flow across the large flat area that has been constructed here. I have shown many pictures of it but always from the other side of the river. The white bags that look like sandbags are about waist high.

No comments: