Jan 31, 2012

Niigata snow

 This is the main entrance to the International University of Japan. As you can see, the court yard is covered with more than a meter of snow. The classroom in which I will be teaching is straight ahead on the third floor.
 My office is on the third floor of this detached building. It is called a Research Institute, but apparently it is mostly used as office space for visiting faculty.
 This is on the opposite side of the campus. It is the parking lot on the first floor of the building where I will be staying.
 My little apartment is on the second floor on this end of the building.
 The classroom areas and all the student dorms are connected by roofed hallways, but the research institute and the faculty housing are completely separate. This road separates the university proper on the right from the faculty housing on the left.
My apartment is in the building on the right. You can just see the top floor. The pile of snow along the side of the road is about the same height as my head.

No comments: