Sep 20, 2012

Along the main road to Sendai

 This lot used to be an apartment building and a multistory parking lot. Both were badly damaged in the earthquakes. Now, as you can see, it is just an empty lot
 One thing that Japanese do not worry about is upkeep and maintenance. When something becomes unusable, they just throw it away and get the new improved model. I suspect that this came from the booming economy after WW2, when it was cheaper to replace things.
 It was a very cloudy day and I barely cold see the top of this large apartment building.
 The next day I walked out around my neighborhood and discovered that they were building a road down into the bed of a stream that feeds into our river.
 At the end of the new land, one of the workmen had placed a fishing pole. I wondered whether or not he caught anything.
Although it was very cloudy and there was a certain amount of fog in the air, the perfectly flat river mirrored the scenery from the opposite shore.

No comments: