Sep 14, 2012

Rin'oji

 Here is another view of the pagoda.
 This strange looking thing is representative of something you frequently see in the entrance to a traditional Japanese building, homes or temples. It is the roots of a large tree that have been trimmed and polished. I have to admit that I kind of like them. One interesting point is that each is unique and you can pass a lot of time following all the curves.
 This appeared to be a small meditation  hall.
 The garden very skillfully combines small trees, stones, and other plants.
 There is no smoking in the temple grounds, but in the garden there was a small, room for maybe four people, roofed area with ash trays. Since there was no one there at the time, I used the seats to take a short rest. I deserved it since I had already walked about 15 kilometers, including my morning walk with Ian.
I had not seen any other humans while walking around, but as I sat there resting, I saw a man enter. He had a camera in his hand and he started taking pictures, too.

No comments: