Sep 8, 2012

Entering Rin'oji

 Just behind the gate was this guardian king. I guess he is there just in case some evil sneaks by the kings in the gate.
 The path was lined with sculptured stones. Each one was different. This one had what appeared to be an abstract design carved into the polished top.
 A little further on, there was a statue of a Bodhisattva of some kind. If I remember correctly, the stele said who had donated the statue.
 The drain along the side of the stairs was under repair. The one on the other side was okay, maybe it had already been repaired.
 A path lead away from a landing on  the stairs to this bright red torii. This is a Shinto shrine that is part of the temple. I wish that religions in other parts of the world could coexist as well as they do in Japan.
This is the shrine itself. I could not determine its name. I could find no signs. I did, however, find it on my map but it was unnamed.

No comments: