Sep 1, 2012

 As I passed the main building of the Aoba Shrine, I discovered an outdoor display of amulets, good luck charms, and fortunes written on paper. You could buy any of them and it was by an honor system. There were boxes to leave the coins in.
 This is the main building. The above display was at the right hand corner.
 I followed the path and came to some traditional style building but I could not determine what they were, or even if they were part of the shrine or the next temple.
 This appeared to be the remains of a torii or a statue. However, the broken pieces had been cleaned up so it was impossible to tell.
 I returned to the street and headed for my next goal, a Buddhist temple. However, I looked up and discovered this very strange building. The triangular section at the front of the roof seemed to have been added after the rest had been built. That was not unusual but what was strange was the covered rampway leading from the taller back of the building to this new section. The triangular section was actually two parts separated by an opening in the middle. I could not tell exactly how the ramp and the new section went together but I have never seen anything else like it.


No comments: