Sep 18, 2012

Around town

 On my way for a dental appointment, I noticed this huge cobweb on some bushes.
 Near the dentist's office there is a park with a small pond. On this day there was a group of workmen with boats doing something. I watched for a few minutes but could not tell what they were up to.
 One the way home, I passed a rice paddy. The crop is getting close to harvest time. Here in northern Japan we have only a single crop, but in the south the growing season is long enough to support double cropping.
 I walked through Nanakita Park and was treated to a group of wild ducks who thought that they might perform well enough for me that I would feed them. I did not have anything to give them so they were disappointed.
 Coming up the hill from the riverside, I got this view of the little shrine that is nearest to my apartment.
That evening I went to the Sendai Book Club and on the way I passed the new wall that has been built to replace the one damaged in the earthquake. Actually they did not replace it. They left the old wall in place and covered it with a new one. The row of knobs sticking out of the wall are the ends of large bolts that connect to supports that they added to the old wall. The little holes are to allow any water build up to drain.

No comments: