Sep 16, 2012

Rin'oji and then home

 This is another of the stones lining the entrance of to the temple. This one was highly polished and reflected the clouds in the sky.
 Leaving the temple grounds, I passed the new tunnel that goes under the temple grounds. This road connects too the area of the city that is north of these hills. Previously, the only passages were far to either the east or west, but now there is one in the middle, relieving some of the traffic on the other roads.
 I passed this house. The bedding, thick Japanese blankets and the mattress that you lay on are hung out to air and to be purified by the sun.
I stopped to rest in a park, the same on I had stopped in before, and found that now there was a group of mothers playing with their children. From the park I continued home, where I rested after the long but interesting day.

No comments: