Sep 21, 2012

Beginning of a walk to the ocean

 This is in downtown Sendai. Before I arrived here, there was some kind of activity that left trash on the streets. Now, the people involved are sweeping it all up. I think that this may have its roots in Japanese grade schools where the students clean the buildings and rooms, rather than paid janitors.
 I decided to go out for a long walk. The day was a bit cooler than the hot weather that we had been having. For no particular reason I decided to walk east. A few days ago (remember the fishing pole?) I showed this construction from the other side. It is on the bank of a stream that enters the main river. There is now construction from here to the bridge to Yaotome. My apartment is in the middle.
 I followed the paved path along the riverside. At one point I found all of this stuff that had been washed down river piled up against a bridge.
 The river swings a way from the road which is off to the right. The area is quite fertile and there are large fields. I think this might be soybeans.
 There are also green houses.
 This is a field of green onions, not the small American kind, but the large ones that are an essential part of Japanese cooking.
This is a bridge for a pipeline, probably gas.

No comments: