Sep 7, 2012

Leaving Shifukuji

 I could not find a path that directly connect Shifukuji with my next and final goal, Rin'oji, so I decided to go down hill to the road and enter Rin'oji from the main gate. This flight of stairs lead down to a gate from which the path continued down hill.
 This may be part of living quarters for the priests.
 This is near the entrance to the temple.
 Short walk west on the road and I discovered this sign. It indicates that the path on the right is the entrance to Rin'oji.
 A short way in from the road, I passed through a large gate. The protecting kings were almost completely covered and I could find no way to take a picture of them.
Beyond the gate the path connected to a flight of stairs. Along both sides of the path there were sculptured stones that appeared to have interesting carvings on them.

No comments: