Oct 19, 2011

Beginning a new walk

 They are finally beginning serious work on the section of the levee that collapsed near my home. It is on the stream that brings excess water all the way from behind Miyagi Gakuin U. I often walk along its banks but in the section that begins on the other side of Yaotome.
 The sign contains a haiku by a school kid. It says something like 'greetings are the first step to building a good community'.
 This is a bus stop on the main road between Izumi Chuo and Sendai. Someone, or ones, voluntarily takes care of a very pretty garden, making waiting for a bus much more pleasant.
 This is the road I used to use when I walked to Miyagi Gakuin U. It is actually in a built up area but you would not know it from this little stretch.
 I though that this entrance to a private home was very Japanese looking, traditional but also modern.
This is the front fence of a combined high school and college. The name is Bunka Seikatsu Daigaku, Culture Life University. Believe me it sounds better in Japanese. I know nothing at all about the schools and have never, as far as I know, met anyone who works there.

No comments: