Oct 23, 2011

Still walking toward home

 This is yesterday's bridge from the ground. I passed over it from right to left and then walked about a kilometer to reach the bottom of the hill and come back to this point. To get home, I went under the bridge and turned left at the golf driving range, following the river back to Yaotome and then home.
 This is the under structure of the bridge. There seemed to be little damage, nothing that would need to be repaired, just a few minor cracks.
 The river is to my right and behind a single line of houses. On the hill in the background, you can see a lot of houses. When I started walking along this road, about four years ago, the hill was covered trees, now it is covered with houses. This whole area is still expanding with both single family homes and large apartments going up like weeds.
 I found this pretty flower in a small garden along side the road. There were both flowers and vegetables.
 Now, within a few hundred meters of Yaotome, I stopped in a park where I took a short rest, admiring this statue.
This series of terraces was built within the last year. I am not sure what it is for but I would bet money that the flat surface behind the low concrete wall will soon have one or more houses built on it.

No comments: