Oct 22, 2011

 This is a view of the valley that I had just walked up. I am standing on a ridge line and on the east side there is a river valley and on the west is some higher land that eventually leads to the main river valley. On the west is the road that circles Sendai.
 This is the convenience store where I frequently stop for a rest, a toilet stop, and a bottle of sports drink.
 The road runs along the ridge line and passes through a housing area. I was surprised to find the sidewalk roped off with yellow police tape. At first I could not figure out what the problem was, but then I looked closer at the house. The wall nearest the street was in very bad shape, so bad that a fairly strong aftershock would collapse it.
 Here is the wall that is parallel to the street. You can see that the siding is falling off.
 To make a road, they cut through this ridge and built a bridge. When I was doing my 10 km walks I came from the top of  the picture, passed under the bridge, went to the left and then up the hill to reach this bridge from the left side. In the distance you can see the golf driving range that I showed a few days ago. There is an intersection between the range and the bridge and today I went up the to right.

No comments: