Oct 15, 2011

A walk to the south

 On the way home from yesterday's shopping center, I stopped at this store. It is supposed to be a store for restaurants and such but they also sell to the general public. The prices are cheap and the the packages are large. I bought a kilogram of lightly salted peanuts.
 The next day I started another walk. This time I went to Yaotome station and then went south. As soon as you pass the station, you go over a bridge. The levee along the canal is still covered with blue tarp. You can see the crack that runs down the right side of the tarp.
 This place was damaged but open for business. I was very surprised that there was no blue tarp. The damage was covered with some dark gray plastic.
 Along the way I found this very unJapanese looking house. After looking at it for a bit, I decided that the large windows were the telling feature.
 I soon found my self on a new  road, a very pleasant one with a pretty young woman walking along the sidewalk.
At the bottom of the hill in the last picture, I turned into a small park and found a stairway leading up the side of the hill. I decided not to go up and instead followed the trail to the right.

No comments: