Oct 16, 2011

 The path that I took provide a very pleasant walk, dirt under my feet and lots of greenery to look at.
 At one point the path widened and there were benches, although they did not look like anyone had ever sat on them. Unless some high school lovers had come here looking for a quiet place away from most people.
 There was ample evidence of the recent rains. Here most of the top soil was washed away exposing tree roots. There was even a little running stream cut into the path.
 The park was quite small and after only a few minutes I was back in a built up area. It was plastics days for the trash collection, so the streets were lined with yellow baskets of plastic. On the day before pickup city trucks bring the baskets and then they are picked up again the following morning. Plastic, glass, metal, burnable trash, and large sized or electronic objects are all collected separately.
 The outside of one house had this intriguing decoration. I particularly like the juxtaposition of the plants and the clock.
Across the road you can see an election sign (I have shown them in detail before) and in the distance the tall building is the top few floors of one that I have also shown before. It is, I think, the tallest apartment building in Sendai. It certainly looks like the tallest, maybe because it stands alone, surrounded by mostly two story homes.

No comments: