Nov 3, 2011

East along the Nanakita River

 Continuing east along the river, I saw two women harvesting some sort of plant along the bank on the other side. The second woman is on the right.
 Then on my side I found some young men who were fishing. They did not seem to have caught anything, but also they did not seem to care. It appeared that the process was more important than the result.
 As usual looking one way gave a scenic view of the river but turning the other revealed housing. This time, however, looking the other way revealed a very strange shaped house.
 Some birds sitting on driftwood under a bridge.
I was getting nearer to the trash-burning plant. When they started planning this plant, it was going to be in the middle of nowhere, but the population in the area has been expanding rapidly so the housing is getting closer and closer. Hopefully the pollution protection devices that they included in the chimney are reducing the pollution to a reasonable level. I have never seen any measurements, so I do not really know, but I do know that I have never smelled it so it is probably okay.

No comments: