Nov 2, 2011

Out for a walk

 I had not been in this area for a long time and was quite surprised at how much damage remained. This is an older housing area less than a kilometer to the east of my condo and between the road and the river. I normally have no reason to go there and it is not part of my usual exercise routes.
 This building had a port-a-toilet in the entrance and the inside of the building was completely ripped out. I could not tell whether they were getting ready to tear it all down or to rebuild around the current frame.
 A statue of a tanuki in front of a house.
 The entire area seemed to be under construction.
 This is a view of a restaurant from its parking lot. It is obvious that it has been condemned and probably the owners will not have the funds to rebuild. This is a problem with many small businesses. The cost of reconstruction is prohibitive.
I reached the Sendai bypass road and went through a short tunnel under it. On the other side there is a nice walkway along the riverside. This is especially nice in the spring because the path is lined with cherry trees.

No comments: