Nov 10, 2011

Getting closer to home

 This store sells used goods of many kinds, electronics, heaters, ceramics, small furniture, etc. When it is open, the owner has a tape player going with very loud music.
 The main road travels along a valley or through cuts in the hills. Most of the housing is on the tops of the surrounding hills so the side roads are extremely steep.
 I first saw this small building on an evening news program on TV. The announcer goes around to different areas of Sendai and looks at the local sites and visits stores and restaurants. The next time I passed this way I stopped and took a good look. The part behind the blue car is a very nicely done woman's face.
This is the entrance to the Sendai Literature Museum. I have yet to go in but I have heard they have copies of many old documents that relate to the Sendai area, apparently both historical and literary.

No comments: