Nov 28, 2011

New camera

My old camera died. The internal motor started vibrating,shaking the camera so much that the pictures were blurred. I had to buy a new one. I got another Sony CyberShot. I had sworn not to buy another one, because although the functioning was good, Sony forced you to use a special memory card that worked only in the camera and cost a lot. However, I discovered that they had finally decided to allow the use of microSD cards so I bought a DSC-TX55. It takes pictures of up to 16.2 megapixels and has an on board computer with some very powerful algorithms for improving the pictures when set to automatic.

 This is the first picture that I took with the camera. It is in our living room. The pictures are all ones that I drew. The two bumps in the foreground are my knees.
 This picture is out in Parktown near my doctor and dentist.
 This is just to the west of the last picture. The little gazebo in the middle of the picture is quite nice but I do not think it gets much use.
 This is the same pond from a slightly different angle. The house in the background is one of a group of around 20 that are all huge by Japanese standards. Green Mart, the upscale supermarket, is just beyond the houses.
 This is a public housing compound on the main road between Parktown and Izumi Chuo.
 This is a small Shinto shrine that is next to the shopping center beside our condo. I walk by it every Tuesday on my way to school.
This is a very good example of how the Japanese dry laundry. There are very few electric driers here and almost all houses and apartments have a balcony where laundry can be hung outdoors.

No comments: