Nov 13, 2011

Returning from the doctor's

 I went to the doctor and during the return trip I take a short cut through what is, I guess, a park. There are two ponds separated by a high dam-like structure with a paved path on the top.  Half of the path is covered with blue tarps. On close inspection, you can see that there is a huge crack under the tarp and it is getting a little wider every time I go by. If the rain were able to get into it or if we had another large quake, the whole thing might well collapse.
 This is the end of a path that starts a few hundred meters away. At the beginning it is carefully constructed with stairs and crushed stone, but at this end it just ends. The fence blocks any exit from the path. However, ...
 A few meters on, the people have made their own exit.
Instead of my usual route along the high ground, I took the slightly longer route that goes down into the river valley. Here, I found a large building under reconstruction. The amazing thing is that the protective sheets around it are white. This is very unusual.

No comments: