Nov 29, 2011

Learning to use my new camera

 I took this picture of the sidewalk on the main east/west road from Izumi Chuo. The bus that I take to go to Tohoku Gakuen U stops on this road. The bus stop is about a five minute walk from my condo.

I am still learning to use my new camera so there may be some strangeness for a while. For example, these pictures are all 16.2 megapixels, I think. At some point after using the camera for a while I discovered this and reduced the picture size. Please bear with me for a bit.

 These flowers were still struggling against the weather. At the bus stop, I stand behind this fence to stay out of the wind.
 After my classes were over and I started walking home, I noticed that the setting sun was very pretty.
 Both sides of the paved path on the top of the levee near my condo contain gardens that expend every year. I think that it is a hobby for a couple of the people who live along here. On this sunny day the reds were quite nice.
 The power company was working on the electric lines. The building on the left is the fire station.
 I was walking to Izumi Chuo and ran into a local festival. This is only a kilometer (about a half mile) but I had never seen it before. I do not know if it is new or if I just missed it other years.
 The members carry the portable shrine around the neighborhood. The idea is to take the god from a local Shinto shrine and carry it around the area so that it will know the area that it is protecting, or at least bringing good luck to.
I arrived in Izumi Chuo and met Keith for lunch and then a soccer game. My new camera has a panorama function that takes and then stitches together a series of pictures. If you click on this picture, I believe that it will be shown, enlarged to the full width of your monitor screen. At least that is what happens on my computer.

No comments: