Nov 24, 2011

Near my dentist's office

 I was still waiting for my dentist to open. My appointment was the first of the day. As I killed time in the park, I noticed that the leaves were not as colorful as they are most years. I believe it has to do with the weather.
 This is the building that we lived in for the first two years that I worked at Miyagi U. We had a large apartment in the most distant building. It was cheap and a very good place to live, but we knew that we would have to move out when I retired, so we bought our present place.
 Across the street from that faculty dorm, there is a community center where they offer various classes and activities to the public.
 Just past the center there is a small garden. The owner rents the land to people who use small sections of it to grow vegetables for themselves. The owner helps out with the spring plowing and offers advice. One of our friends used to rent a spot here. Now she rents two or three plots in other places. It is a hobby, rather than an attempt to get cheap food.
 This is the dorm again. Our apartment was on the second floor at this end.
 This is my dentist's office. As with all businesses in this area the owner must live in the building
 This is a little garden that can be seen from the dentist's waiting room.
As I started home, I noticed that the cracks that had been caused by the earthquakes have started to fill in.

5 comments:

Olivia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dentist Lititz PA said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dental Implants San Francisco said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenna Schrock said...

That's what I like about the streets of Japan. Most of them are peacefully quiet. Even when it's around 8 or 9 am, you can still see a lot of gardens. I hope you and Sendai recover after what happened last March.

Charles said...

Thanks, Jenna, things are beginning to get back to normal. Although there is still a long way to go, every day life is pretty good again.