Nov 22, 2011

Seeing the swollen river on my way to school

 Mt. Izumigadake looms over the soccer stadium and the river is full after some very heavy rain

 Part of the riverbank has collapsed near the bridge.
 I don't think that I have seen the river this high. I know that that it has been higher because I have seen the aftermath, but this is the worst that I have seen with my own two eyes.
 I noticed that they have repaired, but not repainted, one of the pillars in the bus depot at Asahigaoka. It looks like they spread some sort of adhesive along the length of the cracks, putting extra amounts where material has actually fallen off the wall.
 The street was flooded at the intersection outside the bus depot.
The next day the water in the river had retreated. The horizontal cut shows how high the water reached.

No comments: