Feb 20, 2012

Back from the walk

 This is the gym from the ground level. The snow is almost as high as the top of the windows.
 I am not sure what this building is, but it may contain the boiler room which supplies the heat for the campus buildings. The last two pictures are very gray because there were dense clouds and it was getting near dusk.
 There is no smoking in any of the public buildings so people must go outside to smoke. There are a few ash trays around the campus.
 It was snowing very hard so some students were killing time in the library. I have been told that the library is both a place to study and a place to go when you have nothing else to do. Many of the students listen to music on iPods or sleep.
 This is the door of the Research Institute, where I have my office. The snow was getting very heavy and even under the roof this car was getting a coat of snow.
 The snow was so heavy that I could barely make out the nearest trees.
 The snowflakes were large enough that they became part of the picture, the blurs on the right.
Actually it was quite pretty. I stood waiting for Tony to pick me up and found myself fascinated by the view, or maybe I should say the partial view.

No comments: