Feb 5, 2012

Niigata in the Snow

 This is one of the roads in the campus. The black areas are cleared of snow because of the sprinkler system that sprays warmish water around. However, the snow builds up in the areas the water can not reach.
 This pattern was formed by the water sprays. The white dots are snow flakes.
 This is the trees on the back side of the campus.
 Another look at the snow covered trees.
 This is the classroom where I have been teaching. I was really fun and very effective. There were eight students plus four facilitators, graduate students who act as teaching assistants.
 At one point the sun came out for a little while and I could see the mountains.
 The campus is in a valley, close to the mountains and a few kilometers from the river. The scenery is really beautiful when we get a chance to see it.
This is the cafeteria where I eat. I have a little kitchen in my apartment and I cooked a lot the first week I was here. However, after trying this cafeteria a few times, I have decided to eat most of my meals here. The food is pretty good and it is very cheap.

No comments: