Feb 19, 2012

The end of my walk

 The clouds started rolling in but not before I was able to see that there is a small village just in front of the mountain.
 On my way back to the campus, I disturbed a crow.
 This is a relay box for the power line, or something. The bottom seemed to be about head high but as it was buried under the snow I could not be sure. The top had a hat of snow that was more than a meter tall.
 The buildings in the distance are the university campus. From where I was standing I should have been able to see the mountains, but they were hidden behind the snow storm that was approaching.
 If you look carefully, you can see some icicles in the center of the picture. They are hanging down from the upper layer of snow beside the road.
 Back on campus, I found a tree that had broken branches due to the weight of the snow.
 This snow is completely covering a walkway between the main building and the gym.
From the same spot I was able to look to the right and see the student dorms. There are rooms for more than 400 students.

No comments: