Feb 11, 2012

Out for a walk

 My apartment is next to the main access road to the university. The sky was still pretty much blue and I had no classes, so I decided to go out for a walk. The main road is the one that goes straight into the middle of the picture.
 Turning around I could see my apartment building. I now realize the reason that the sattelite TV keeps going off. The antenna on the roof must get covered with snow, breaking the link to the company that provides access to the pay channels, which I naturally do not get.
 The road was perfectly straight for as far as I could see.
 The mountains were very impressive, but I have to say they are not really very high.
 After about a kilometer, I appeared to be approaching a built up area.
 Looking over the mountains, I noticed that the clouds were beginning to look a little heavy, but I kept going.
 A little farther on, I came across a stand of pine, at least it looked like pine.
The trees are only on the mountain's ridge lines. Maybe the rest of the mountainside is too steep. In any case they make a very interesting pattern.

No comments: