Feb 22, 2012

Finally, a nice day

 We finally had some good weather and some of the snow on the ground started to disappear. I am not sure what happened to it. I expected that there would be large puddles formed from the melting snow, but none appeared. The picture shows a fire hydrant with a red and white pole that marks its location when it is covered by snow.
 Along the edges of some of the paths, enough of the accumulated snow disappeared that the ground was visible. To my surprise, under all that snow there were green plants.
 My office is large and well equipped. I have a computer with a laser printer, a telephone, and a large box of office supples. Any time I want to work, I can call the engineering office and have them turn on the heat in my office, which I can then adjust to my comfort level.
 The view out the window is not bad, either.
 With the blue skies, the campus began to look very pretty. Notice that there are broken branches on the trees. The snow piles up on them, as you have seen in some of the other pictures, and the weight causes the branch to break.
 The view out some of the windows is very breathtaking.
 The fog near the mountains was quite intriguing. I took this picture from a third floor classroom window. The snow drift in the foreground is on top of the roof of part of the second floor.
This is looing to the left out the same window.

No comments: